The search for the best orthodontist in Mumbai and Navi Mumbai can prove to be very challenging, especially as everyone claims to be the best at what they do. You might ask yourself, ‘how then can I find the best orthodontist near me?’ This article will guide you in working out how to find the best orthodontist near you but first, who is an orthodontist and what do they do?
Who is an Orthodontist?
You probably have heard the word ‘orthodontics’ or ‘orthodontist’ and wondered what either meant. Someone with little knowledge could have explained that an orthodontist takes care of the teeth, but what about dentists? You see, Dentists are trained professionals who take care of your teeth, gums and everything related. Orthodontist however specializes in correcting misaligned teeth, correcting bites and occlusion. Dentistry is the broad term and orthodontics is a subset. Orthodontists are required to undergo 2 to 3-year extra training after their university education before they can become specialists. It is necessary to note that orthodontists like Dr Kalanges are dentists but the reverse is not always the case. That is, orthodontists can provide dentistry services but dentists can only refer you to orthodontists when you need help with aligning your teeth, correcting your bites and improving your smile for a lifetime.
Finding the Best Orthodontist
After knowing who an orthodontist is and how they differ from dentists, the next step is how to find the best amongst them. When searching for the best orthodontist in Juhu Mumbai for clear braces (Invisalign®) or the best dental clinic for braces near you, below are the steps you can take in getting the best result.
1. Make a list of all orthodontists in Juhu Mumbai, Vashi Navi Mumbai and their surroundings
The internet is one of the best places to get answers and you can discover where to get the best of orthodontics treatment there. To do this, you can go on Google and search for the ‘best orthodontist in Vashi Navi Mumbai’ and Google will provide you with a map of orthodontists around you. Make a list of all these options provided and you can ask friends, families and even your dentist for experiences with any of the names on the list. As an alternative, you can search ‘orthodontist locator’ on Google, put in your location and get a list of the orthodontists near you
2. Verify that the orthodontist you decide to go with is a specialist
In principle, this should be your first check, but since you don’t know any orthodontist you can shift it to number two. When you finally decide to go visit an orthodontist either to inquire about clear teeth aligners or make findings of the cost of ceramic braces, you need to verify such a person is a specialist. A specialist is supposed to study their speciality areas after their general education, in a similar fashion, an orthodontist is supposed to further their training after the general dentistry education to make them grounded in moving teeth and aligning jaws. Dr Jyoti Kalange ticks this box as she is a certified orthodontist, having received her speciality training in orthodontics and dentofacial orthopaedics. So, after making your list, you can ask the orthodontist if s/he is a specialist and where they received their speciality training.
3. Ask your dentist or oral surgeons for recommendations
Another way to find the best orthodontist in Vashi Navi Mumbai is by asking your dentist. If you complain about needing braces to your dentist and s/he is not a specialist in orthodontics, s/he will direct you to an experienced dentist for braces. You can trust your dentist to only give you the best recommendation as they won’t want to damage their reputation.
4. Book appointments and visit the offices of the orthodontists you are considering
After doing your research and being satisfied with some of them, you can book appointments with each of them and visit them in their offices. When you get to the said office, you need to consider some things before agreeing to have your treatment there. During your treatment, you’ll be visiting this office at least once a month, so how close is this office to you? How helpful and welcoming were the staff of the office? Do they have the facilities to provide the best treatment? Do you feel at ease there? And also, does the orthodontist show signs of a professional? Here are some signs of a good orthodontist to check out;
- Detail-Oriented – Orthodontics is not as easy as it sounds and so an orthodontist should be able to explain every term to you with ease including little things like teeth clip, teeth aligners and even mouth braces.
- Good Listener – You don’t want to work with an orthodontist that won’t listen to your littlest complaint. So, as you explain yourself to them on the day of your appointment, note how they listen to every detail with constant attention.
- Up-to-Date – You want to make sure your orthodontist is up-to-date with all the latest orthodontics knowledge as you don’t want to be stuck with someone who thinks only metal braces can solve malocclusion.
- Professionalism – Most orthodontists aren’t scared of putting their achievements on display and when you get to an office without certificates on display or no badges to show, you should be wary. Your orthodontist has to be professional in the profession and also in associating with you.
- Affordability – Pricing is one thing many people shy away from; an expensive orthodontist doesn’t equate to the best one and you don’t want to risk your health by opting for a cheap orthodontist. It is important that a balance is found and a good orthodontist will always offer you a payment plan to help with payment. So, make sure to ask your preferred orthodontist what the cost of clear braces is or other costs your treatment might incur.
Whether you’re looking for the best orthodontist in Juhu Mumbai for clear braces (Invisalign®) or an experienced dentist for braces consultations, it could be time-consuming but worth it. With offices in Mumbai and Navi Mumbai, Dr Kalanges is never far away from you. A certified Invisalign® provider, specialist in orthodontics and dentofacial orthopaedics from the renowned King George’s medical university, you’re assured of the best orthodontics treatment.